You'll never walk alone.
I had wanted to share some thoughts on “code review” till I read two comprehensive posts that complement each other I would say:
- Google’s Code Review Guidelines: https://google.github.io/eng-practices/
- Great Code Reviews—The Superpower Your Team Needs: https://engineering.shopify.com/blogs/engineering/great-code-reviews
In addition, I want to highlight:
- Code review is an opportunity to learn.
- Code review is an opportunity to teach.
- Code review is a place where we make a huge impact on a product.
Do not neglect code review. Cheers!
> ... if you’re a junior reviewing someone more senior, use this as an opportunity to ask questions and learn. Ask all the silly questions, a strong team will find the time to share knowledge. https://t.co/FUei8HEBYo— Bogdan (@bogdanvlviv) February 12, 2020
> ... remember, sometimes the best outcome of a code review is to realize that the code isn’t needed at all! https://t.co/FUei8HEBYo— Bogdan (@bogdanvlviv) February 12, 2020